Hgopher

Jiri Kvarda Ing. ICSC KVARDA at vc.cvut.cz
Mon Dec 6 08:46:54 CET 1993

> 	Mel bych takovou mozna hloupou otazku. Co to je hgopher? Setkavam
> se s tim poprve.
> 	Za trpelivost dekuje
>                                           Lubomir Straka

Hgopher znamena Hampson's Gopher, je to gopher client pro Windows 3.1. Tady je
vytah z readme.txt k hgoher:

		  README for HGOPHER  (Hampson's Gopher)

	A Gopher Client For Windows 3.1  Version 2.3

Welcome

This is a Gopher+ Client for windows 3.1.

This is the first non Beta release. But that does not mean there
ain't no bugs in it -- it just means it been out for quite a while.

Send comments or problems on this product to m.hampson at ic.ac.uk

For information on winsock consult alt.winsock
For information on gopher  consult comp.infosystems.gopher
For information on PC NFS  consult com.protocols.nfs

HGopher now has online help. Please read the on line help section
called  "read this first" at least.

Requirements

    WINSOCK VERSION

	* MS Windows 3.1  (not tested with Windows 3.0)
	  Or Windows NT.
	* Winsock DLL and TCP/IP+Packet support layer.
	* See later for a list of Winsock tested versions.

    PC NFS VERSION

	* MS Windows 3.1 (not tested with Windows 3.0)
	* PC NFS Version 4 or version 5 (may work with other versions)
          NOTE: you can also use the Winsock version with PC NFS 5.0
                and I suggest you do, as support for the native PC NFS
                version may be withdrawn at some point.

Installation

	Available for ANON FTP from lister.cc.ic.ac.uk

	Change to directory pub/wingopher and collect one of the files

	hgopher2.3.zip   [Winsock Version]      (Binary mode required)
	hngopher2.3.zip  [Sun PC NFS Version]   (Binary mode required)

 You should also be able to get this product
     from the following archives

     sunsite.unc.edu:<somewhere>		(Probably a day or two delay)
     microdyne.com:/pub/winsock/apps	               ( or look in incoming)
     boombox.micro.umn.edu:/pub/gopher/Windows       (or via their Gopher)
     ftp.york.ac.uk:<somewhere>

     But make sure that you are getting the new 2.3 version (ie hgopher2.3.zip)

     You can also get HGopher from the "HGopher Information Centre", here's the
     bookmark

	#
        Type=1
        Host=gopher.ic.ac.uk
        Port=71
        Path=1/HGopher Information
        #
        # Note the port - 71 NOT 70.

Usage

        For further usage information please read the online manual.
        If you have any problems read the "read this first" section
        of the manual.

Winsock implementations tested against

The Beta 1.0 was tested against the following winsock implementations

	Lanera		- Verified to work
	Distinct	- Verified to work
	Netmange	- Believed to work
	PC NFS 5.0      - Verified to work
	PCTCP 2.11	- Verified to work
	PCTCP 2.2	- Verified to work - However if you get a message
			  like PCTCPAPI052: get_kernel_info: Bad net_dope
                          structure 0x1ae01197, try getting a newer version
		          of their winsoc dll via ANON ftp
			  vax.ftp.com:/pub/winsockapi/FTPSoftware/winsock.dll.
	SuperTcp 3.56   - Verified to work
	Windows NT      - Verified to work under Beta version
        Wintrumpet Socket version 1.00 alpha #12  Verified to work
	Wollongong Pathway for DOS Runtime Release 1.2.0.1 with fix c42992a.exe

The Beta 2.2 version has only been tested with

	PC NFS Version 5
        Novell  Lan WorkPlace for DOS Ver 4.1 (Patch level N)
        ( Special thanks to Brian Meek of Novell for making this software
          available to me).