vra> October Internet Hunt Questions (fwd)

Vladimir Vrabec vrabec at cs.felk.cvut.cz
Mon Oct 3 22:48:12 CET 1994

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 1994 22:26:45 -0400
SENDER: Rick Gates <rgates at locust.cic.net>
Subject: October Internet Hunt

*                                                               *
*                     THE INTERNET HUNT                         *
*                                                               *
*                     for October, 1994                         *
*                                                               *
*                     Total Points: 39                          *
*                                                               *
*    Answers due by Midnight (GMT -07), October 8th, 1994       *
*                                                               *

Hunting for rules, scoring, prizes, etc?
Just finger rgates at locust.cic.net for the location of the Hunt files
nearest you!

Question 1  (3 points)
(Question designed by Carole Leita, John Makulowich, Kimberley Robles)

I'm going to be visiting Berkeley, CA next month and am in a
wheelchair. I'd like a list of wheelchair-accessible bookstores
(including addresses, phone #'s, specialities, etc.)

Question 2  (5 points)
(Question designed by Alan Shapiro and Karen Schneider)

What airline flys between Chicago, Alanta, Newark, and Florida
for one-way prices ranging from $69 to $149?  The toll-free
number would also be helpful.

Question 3  (5 points)
(Question designed by Dan Marmion)

Miles Davis once recorded an album that contained the song
"Surrey With the Fringe on Top."  How many stars did Down Beat
magazine give that album?

Question 4  (3 points)
(Question designed by Dee Baldwin, Gerard Egan, Bill Wilson,
 and Laura Windsor)

In the United States, how many civil aircraft shipments were
there in January of 1994?  Were there a greater number compared
with the same month the previous year?

Question 5  (5 points)
(Question designed by Lu Wilson)

What is ToasterNet?

Question 6  (3 points)
(Question designed by Hope Tillman and Walt Howe)

I am looking for the most recent edition of _Chinese Festivals
in Hong Kong_. Where can I locate it?

Question 7  (3 points)
(Question designed by Mimi King and Melody Winkle)

According to the Quilter's Ten Commandments, how many days a
week ought a quilter to cook and clean?

Question 8  (5 points)
(Question designed by Gerald Viers and Tony Safina)

My grandfather told me that he served in the U.S. Navy
Submarine Service during WWI.  He was stationed aboard the USS
BASS.  He told me that it was sunk during WWII in U.S. coastal
waters.  How could this have happened?

Question 9  (1 point)
(Question designed by Lu Wilson)

I recall a post to EDTECH that mentioned a document which
explained how to access the internet via email. How to I get a
copy of this document?

Question 10  (5 points)
Question designed by Rick Gates)

In 1991, the United States Postal Service issued a set of
postal stamps with fishing flies on them.  What 5 fishing flies
appeared on the stamps?