How to place applet to the left side of document in NS 2.2 (fwd)

Vu Quoc Hung hung at decsys.vsb.cz
Mon Feb 3 17:00:58 CET 1997

No, ja se omlouvam jestli tento mail neskoncil na spravnem newsgrp,
ackoli jsem to uz poslal na lang.comp.java, ale je to dlouho na odpoved,
tak sem poslu. Tady je puvodni dotaz, jestli mate nejakou radu tak prosim
piste mi. Dekuju.

Hi every java GURU,
I want to place my applet as described by this picture:

SomeText
+-------------+ SomeText
| Some Applet | SomeText
+-------------+ SomeText
SomeText

I used the following html syntax:
<P ALIGN=left>
<applet
    code=someclass.class
    ALIGN=left
    width=120
    height=50>
    <param name="xx" value="xx">
</applet>
</P>

This syntax can run successfuly as I desire in NS 4.0. MSIE 3.0, but in
NS 2.2 the applet can't appear in html page !! Can any one help me.

Please write me DIRECTLY to mailto:hung at vsb.cz or you can post the
advise both to me and to this news grp. Thank you very much.

PS. Petr Norton wrote:

Although the ALIGN, VSPACE, and HSPACE attributes are listed in the JDK,
none of them seem to have been fully incorporated into Java-enabled Web
browsers as of this writing. The ALIGN values MIDDLE,TOP, TEXTTOP,
ABSMIDDLE, BASELINE, BOTTOM, and ABSBOTTOM do work, but the LEFT,RIGHT,
and CENTER attributes did not at this writing. A practical workaround for
this is to include a new paragraph tag (<P>) before each instance of an
applet. Inside the braces of the new paragraph tag alignment, you can
include instructions for the paragraph. <P ALIGN=RIGHT> will cause
everything between it and the </P> tag to align to the right margin of the
document. Likewise, everything between a <P ALIGN=CENTER> tag and its
ending </P> tag will be center justified. A description of these
attributes is provided here in expectation that they will be incorporated
into Web browsers in the near future.

							Hung.
| Ing. Vu~ Quo^'c HU`NG     |    TU of Ostrava, information center.  |
| Kolej VSB - E337          |    mailto:hung at vsb.cz                  |
| Ostrava - Poruba          |    tel: +42-69-6993479 (wk)            |
| 70800 Czech Republic      |    http://........../HUNG/notimetospare|