Zajimava nabidka - urcite stoji za to se na ni podivat

CEEDS ceeds at ceeds.cz
Sun Oct 12 17:26:50 CEST 1997

At 09:14 AM 10/12/97 +0200, you wrote:
>MRP-Informatics wrote:
>>
>>              Vazeni obchodni pratele,
>>      dovolte nam, prosim, pri prilezitosti INVEX '97
>> nabidnout Vam nektere z nasich produktu.
>
>	Dnes neni opravdu pekny den. Venku prsi, ale
>tohle me  dorazilo. Uz mi to prislo minimalne 11x z toho
>z novell@ dokonce 2x a minimalne 1 primo na mou adresu.
>Udivuje me, ze nejaka ceska firma je ochotna to zase zkusit.
>Svatosvate slibuji, ze si diky temto dopisum nikdy nekoupim nic
>o firmy MRP Zlin i kdyby to davali zadarmo a na potkani budu
>kohokoliv od teto neprime podpory takoveho SPAMERA jako je MRP
>odrazovat.
>Dela tohle slusna firma ? A nabizi to jeste svym zkaznikum ?
>

>--
>
>S pozdravem
>   Petr Snajdr
>
>  Software is like sex;
>     it's better when it's free.
>        --- Linus Torvalds
>  ___________________________________

I received this message a few times to my mailboxes (dostal jsem zpravu
nekolikrat) and I'm absolutely horrified, revelling in pain, exasperated.
It's terrible, soooooooo terrible (Je to hrozny, tak hrozny)! I've been
attacked by a vicious spammer. Ohhhh my God (ooooo moje Boze)! What should
I do (co mam delat)?! Can anyone help me (muze nekoho me pomahat)? I'm in
pain (mam hluboke bolest), someone call a doctor (nekoho zavolej doktora),
in fact I feel like I'm dying (nemru), my girlfriend is going to leave me
(holka me opusti), my dog pissed on my leg (pes vycural na moji nohu), my
cat scratched me (kocka me skrabala), I was fired from my job.... and all
of this because of MRP's spam!!!! (do you believe it?)

What should WE all do (co mame MY delat)? I'm sure that the same has
happened to you.... it is absoletely horrific (hnusny) isn't it? Should we
spam them back? Should we sign them on to some sex lists and newsgroups?
Should we hack into their systems? Should we tell the world not to do
business with them? Should we assemble a firing squad and shoot 'em dead?
Should we hang them from a gallows in the Old Town square? WHAT SHOULD WE
DO, PROFESSIONALS?

(:->)

On a serious note (konec srandy): Isn't the Czech way to be forgive and
forget... to educate them in a soft way perhaps with a phone-call or a
face-to-face talk? ... Or am I mistaken. Are we really "professionals" when
we talk about what's right or wrong behind their backs?

I apologize for my English (omlouvam se ze anglicke), but I believe that
MRP are humans and no matter how dirty their network deeds are, we as Czech
Internet professionals should choose the SOFT (meky) way to solving such
problems. Maybe we should be careful in the way that we handle problems on
the Internet. Perhaps things are not always just as they seem in
Cyberspace. What do you all think (co myslite Vy)? What should we do and
how (Co mame delat a jak).... as professionals (jako profesionalove)?

- Steven Slatem, CEEDS, sslatem at ceeds.cz, http://www.ceeds.com
Photographer, Reporter, Editor, Webmaster, Clown, Humorist