"pomste zdar" -- Public announcement of criminal act -- Re: Zajimava nabidka - urcite stoji za to se na ni podivat

CEEDS ceeds at ceeds.cz
Sun Oct 26 17:28:14 CET 1997

This message (below) from Jiri Kvarda ("pomste zdar") ("gift of vengeance")
is practically a public announcement of a criminal act. Read this message
carefully. If there is any basis for legal action against MRP, there may
also be basis for legal action against Jiri Kvarda. As for brains, what
tree did you fall out of, Jiri! Talk about fighting fire with fire, dog eat
dog, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth...!

I don't agree with MRP's spam but I also don't agree with the way that some
netizens are handling the incident. I'll tell you something, Jiri. You can
play hard quietly and think you're being smart but people will still know
who you are, where you are and everything about you or you can admit to the
world your guilt, which is totally stupid, but at least the world will
learn from your example.

Have you done anything like this before, Jiri?

Keep in mind that it's not only fight fire with fire, dog eat dog, an eye
for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, but it can aslo be vengeance for
vengeance. Watch out! You can block an address but the person can reappear
on the net with a new address instantly and follow your every move. Keep in
mind that life and death exist off the net too -- that handcuffs and jail
cells are not virtual and inmates have to satisfy themselves with
activities other than playing with their beloved computer toys.

It's not only you, though. In fact I have observed that the most unethical
solutions to problems on the Czech Internet seem to be suggested by the
people in the academic world -- administrators and "educators" as well as
young students. The most human and real-world solutions I see are being
suggested by people in the business world. Perhaps the academics should
realize that business makes the world go round and in fact sponsors their
academic world. If our schools are helping to produce network criminals
then something is terribly wrong in our country.

Why the hell is this irresponsible behavior being condoned and in fact
supported on the Czech Internet and especially on a discussion group that
is supposed to be for professional network administrators like
net at cs.felk.cvut.cz ?????

- Steven Slatem, sslatem at intellitech-media.com, ceeds at ceeds.cz