L0pht Releases PPTP Sniffer

Petr Nachtmann petrnach at natur.cuni.cz
Thu Aug 6 12:42:12 CEST 1998

Je PPTP hodne nebezpecny?

-----

The l0pht is pleased to celebrate the biggest meeting of hacker minds in
the known universe, DefCon, with the release of our PPTP sniffer for
l0phtcrack. Ths PPTP sniffer will extract the challenge and encrypted
password hashes travelling over the network as a PPTP user authenticates
with the PPTP server. The password hashes can then be loaded into
l0phtcrack for subsequest cracking. The sniffer only works under Solaris
2.4+ at this time.

Download at http://www.l0pht.com/l0phtcrack/dist/pptp-sniff.tar.gz

For further information about PPTP sniffing please consult the paper,
"Cryptanalysis of Microsoft's Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)" by
Bruce Schneier and Mudge at http://www.counterpane.com/pptp.html

      Weld Pond   -  weld at l0pht.com   -   http://www.l0pht.com/~weld
      L  0  p  h  t    H  e  a  v  y    I  n  d  u  s  t  r  i  e  s
      Technical archives for the people  -  Bio/Electro/Crypto/Radio