winsock 1.1 ?

Jiri Kvarda Ing. ICSC KVARDA at vc.cvut.cz
Fri Dec 3 14:13:12 CET 1993

Tohle je dnes v comp.os.ms-windows.misc :

From: msbendts at mtu.edu (Michael S. Bendtsen)
Subject: Winsock InterNet Apps: listing...
Date: 1 Dec 1993 14:33:58 -0500

Here is a list of a good selection of InterNet access applications
that work with winsock.  If anyone has any additions/corrections to
make, please let me know!

Thanks.

Mike

These are all Public Domain InterNet utilities (toys)!  Remember to
pay your shareware fees!  (Public servece message)  :)

Mosaic for Windows...
  SITE: ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu:
  DIR:  /PC/Mosaic/
  FILE: wmos1_0.zip
  VERSION: v1.0
  This is a WWW (World Wide Web) application being done from the NCSA crew
  at the Univ of Illinios in Urbana/Champaign, and is available on Mac,
  Windows, and Unix platforms.  The WWW is an online hyper-media database
  exchange project going on in the world.  An effort to put any type of
  information out there at your finger tips.  This *is* the ultimate in
  information overload!

Collage for Windows...
  SITE: ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu
  DIR:  /PC/Collage/
  FILE: wcollage.zip
  VERSION: v?.?
  Another neat utility from the programmers at NCSA.  It is a program for
  doing online collaborating.  Again, works in Mac, Windows, and Unix
  platforms.  The windows version I have currently locks my machine so
  hard that I have to do a reset...but it looks like it has potential.

Eudora for Windows...
  SITE: ftp.qualcomm.com
  DIR:  /pceudora/windows/
  FILE: pce14b18.exe
  VERSION: v1.4 (BETA)
  This is an email package from Qualcomm Corp.  This origianlly started out
  as a Macintosh program, and has then been transformed into Windows based
  by Qualcomm.  Current versions are in beta, finaly releases are expected
  to be payware...on either (Mac or Win) platform.  However, there is talk
  of Qualcomm providing simplified versions for free which would be really
  great...but keep an ear/eye open.

Trumpet for Windows...
  SITE: ftp.utas.edu.au
  DIR:  /pc/trumpet/wintrump/
  FILE: wtwsk10a.zip
  VERSION: v1.0a
  This is a News reader for Windows.  Allows you to read *and* post to your
  NNTP (Net News Transer Protocol ?) server so that users can have full access
  to the InterNet news groups.  Of the 2 or 3 that I looked at this was the
  easiest to use, and the most thought out in program design.

WinQVT for Windwos...
  SITE: biochemistry.bioc.cwru.edu
  DIR:  /qvtnet/
  FILE: qvtne394.zip
  VERSION: v3.94
  This is a windows Quick Virtual Terminal pacakge that provides a suite of
  TCP/IP services under one exectuable.  A telnet, ftp, simple mail, news,
  and FTP Server sessions are all available.  If PC/NFS didn't have its
  own telnet and FTP, I'd use this package, or the one from NCSA.  Otherwise
  the mail and news reader work, but are cumbersome....in my opinion.

Green Pages for Windows...
  SITE: ftp.york.ac.uk
  DIR:  /pc/pc-nfs/winsock
  FILE: wingp.zip
  VERSION: v1.0a (BETA)
  This is a CIESIN (Consortium for International Earth Science Information
  Network) put together by the people at Polytechnic University.  It is a
  catalog services information program dealing with global earth science
  issues.

Good sites for winsock applications...
  Try these sites out for other exciting Winsock compliant applications.
  ftp.york.ac.uk:/pub/pc/winsock
  sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/micro/pc-stuff/ms-windows/winsock
  ftp.utas.edu.au:/pc/win31/net/