Q:Jak najit konferenci

Pavel Vachek TKPV at EARN.CVUT.CZ
Wed Feb 14 10:54:47 CET 1996

Petr Kolar psal:
>  (...) Pokud se ale jedna
>o Internetovske mailing listy, do kterych se hlasi pres adresu
>jmeno-listu-request at kde.domain.top, tak mate smulu.

To neni uplne presne. Existuje obsahly soubor `interest-groups',
ve kterem jsou informace o konferencich v celem Internetu bez
ohledu na typ serveru. Je ale udrzovan rucne a jen obcas.
Na ftp://earn.cvut.cz/public.200/ najdete jednak jeho kompletni
versi `ig.all' (brezen 1995), jednak samostatne casti (`ig.001'
az `ig.017').
Toto je zacatek s obecnymi informacemi + ukazka udaju o prvnich
dvou konferencich.

Zdravi Vas        Pavel Vachek, CESNET Network Information Centre.
Zellich back when there was only an Arpanet, and is probably the oldest
of the various "list of lists" available around the Internet.

This compilation is copyrighted 1994, 1995 by Vivian Neou
(vivian at sri.com). You are welcome to copy it to look at it online, but
it may not be reproduced in any other form without written permission
from me.  This file is available via anonymous FTP on sri.com in the
NETINFO directory in the file INTEREST-GROUPS.  It may also be obtained
through e-mail by sending a message to mail-server at sri.com with "send
interest-groups" in the body of the message.

I am looking for a few sites to list as official distribution points.
If you store a copy of this list in a public area and are willing to
have your site listed here please let me know.

Official distribution locations:
    ftp.cu.nih.gov:network/interest.groups
    sri.com:[anonymous.netinfo]interest-groups.txt ** going away **

If you are putting up a copy of this list in a public place, please let
me know so that I can let you know when new versions come out. If you
see an old version of this list in a public repository on the net,
please let me (or the owner of the repository) know.

I don't produce a list of incremental changes to this list - you have to
get the whole list.  If you want to receive notices of new lists as they
are created, check out the "NEW-LIST" list.  I don't have time to
respond to requests for searches for lists on specific topics - you'll
have to pull the list and search it yourself (which you've probably
already done if you're reading this).

Since this is supposed to be a list of Internet lists, I'm trying to
translate all of the BITNET addresses into direct Internet addresses. If
you see one that I've missed, and know the correct address please let me
know.  If you are looking for a summary of BITNET lists, send a message to
LISTSERV at BITNIC.EDUCOM.EDU with "list global" in the message body.

If you find errors in the entries in this list, please let me know
(especially if you find a listing for a defunct list).

To submit updates for the description of an existing mailing-lists or
to add a new listing, send a message to vivian at sri.com.  Listings
should include the following information: