Introductory Letter to the List

Tibor Hlozanek Tibor.Hlozanek at t-online.de
Tue Feb 18 23:25:35 CET 1997

Dear "smajlik" listmembers,

my name is Tibor Hlozanek, as you can tell form my name I was born in Skalica
south of Bratislava.
I even atended school until the 3rd grade bevore we defected to Germany.
I speak and read  Czech but my spelling is very bad, that is why I write
in Englisch now.
I am  jut a private Internet user but have gathered over the years some
experience.
The main purpose to join the list is to find out how far developed
the Internet
in my native country is and get contact to friends with same interests.Personaly
I am not an UNIX user as most of you are because I run my system from home.

I operate a noname 486 DX 4 100, 32 MB RAM 850 MB HD with a 20" Sony Multiscan
monitor, 12x speed CD Rom, 28800 bps modem with a 14400line to the world.
The 14400 is not bad because the german telecome provides nationwide for local
telephone expences this servise. ISDN is also provided to almost any place but
not many providers offer ISDN access besides if you have to share the service
with 1.5 MIO users the lines the speed reduces automaticaly.
I also use only Win 3.11 Win '95 was not functioning very stable when I thought
to upgrade my system and that is why I still stuck to the old one.

My first set of question to the list are:
Can you provide me with some titles of books about Computer or Internet in CZECH
or titles of some magazines like "Buyers Guide"...... .
I already have Mr. Vrabec's book, that is how I found out about this list.
How many private Internet users are there in the "old" Czechoslovakia?
Just anything about Internet in CZ.

That should be enough for my introduction
your friend
Tibor Hlozanek

Visit my HOMEPAGE: http://home.t-online.de/home/Tibor.Hlozanek
I am missing a counter yet!